- Erica Peterson
Happy Independence Day!
We wish everyone a safe and Happy Fourth of July.
The Fourth of July holiday took on a special meaning for me two years ago. I refer to my daughter as my “Star-Spangled Baby” since her birthday is July 3rd. In celebration of our nation’s independence and my little person’s second trip around the sun I am sharing easy kebab recipes that all ages can enjoy.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 onion, cut into wedges
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 cup barbeque sauce
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. Thread the chicken, green bell pepper, onion, and red bell pepper pieces onto skewers alternately.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Place kabobs on the prepared grill, and brush with barbeque sauce. Cook, turning and brushing with barbeque sauce frequently, for 15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
Courtesy of: Chicken Kabobs Recipe | Allrecipes
6 Chunks of Cantaloupe melon
6 Chunks Pineapple
3 Thick slices of kiwi (cut in half)
1. Thread 1 strawberry, 1 cantaloupe melon chunk, 1 pineapple chunk, 1 half kiwi slice, 2 blueberries and 1 grape onto a bamboo skewer. (EE Note: I use these kid safer ones)
2. Place on a platter and serve with a dip of choice.
Courtesy of: Fruit Kebabs - Healthy Little Foodies