Ed. Code Training
We love kittens as much as mandates—and mandate training!
Mandates are laws. When accepting the block grant, districts are acknowledging that they are in full adherence with all 44 programs. Essentially, districts are being paid to carry out the programs. Mandates cover very sensitive and litigious topics. Lawsuits on various mandates are happening now, and we believe districts are going to be hard-pressed to come up with a defensible position.
Ed. Code training is another essential component to ensuring a defensible position. Districts need to demonstrate that their staff has been trained on the Ed. code requirements so they know the laws and can ensure that proper processes are in place.
Our Good Governance program includes:
- An independent third-party review and report on all of the programs; we conduct both district and site interviews and review processes related to all of the programs
- An action plan to correct any deficiencies found in the programs
- On-site Ed. Code training to ensure your staff is trained on all the mandates. We will identify who should attend, provide documentation on attendees and provide follow-up and alternate sessions for personnel who missed the training
- Help with best practices and processes for carrying out the mandates and the documentation of due diligence
- SiteServ is an additional optional service: we will travel to every site in the district and conduct an assessment of site-based programs and provide individual Ed. Code training to all site administrators
Secure a defensible position with SI&A mandate services.
Partnering for program effectiveness
As the makers of award-winning technology products and services, SI&A is proud to support student achievement alongside our strategic partners.